- About Us
- Programs & Solutions
- Who We Help
Many areas of the country have been experiencing extreme temperatures this summer. Just walking from the car to the air conditioned office requires the bodies cooling system of “sweating” to kick in. In summer many employees struggle to balance their daily office schedule with staying cool and summer fun. A recent study found that workplace productivity drops 20 percent during the summer months. Projects take 13 percent longer to complete and workers are 45 percent more distracted.
Keep employees engaged, happy and productive through hydration.
Here are five ways that reminding employees to drink water frequently can actually improve productivity.
- Water improves concentration. 80% of the body is water and 85% of the BRAIN is water. Dehydration causes brain tissue to shrink and impairs attention span, memory and motor skills.
- Water reduces stress. Studies have shown that dehydration leads to higher cortisol levels. By staying hydrated people are better equipped to deal with everyday issues and focus on work tasks.
- Water boosts energy. Dehydration leads to fatigue because it impacts the flow of oxygen to the brain and causes the heart to work harder. Hydrated employees will be more alert and energized.
- Water improves mood. Drinking water is so refreshing it actually improves state of mind.
- Drinking water prevents headaches. Dehydration can trigger headaches and staying hydrated prevents all kinds of headaches.
Company wellness programs can focus on hydration not only for physical well-being but for emotional well-being and improved productivity.
Help employees say active, productive and efficient by:
- Providing water coolers or water bottle filling stations.
- Distribute refillable water bottles with your wellness logo that are BPA free.
- Deliver communications about hydration and the warning signs of dehydration.
- Run a Hydration Challenge as a fun and interactive way to encourage drinking more water.
So if you are “thirsty” for programs and campaigns that has a wider focus on well-being, resilience and stress reduction, water down your wellness program with a hydration campaign or challenge.
Need ideas for a simple hydration challenge? Check out “Filler Up; H2O Challenge”
Please follow and like us: