- About Us
- Programs & Solutions
- Who We Help
When it comes to your employee population are there inequities regarding their potential for improved health? As we continue to expand wellbeing programs to support a healthy workplace, as well as a home environment, it’s important to be aware of the social and physical environments in their communities that can impact good health. While taking care of ourselves by eating well, staying active, avoiding tobacco and getting recommended screenings are some core factors to determine health, there are also social determinants of health.
Social determinants of health, as defined by the World Health Organization, are the conditions in which people are born, grow, live, work and age. These circumstances that are shaped by the distribution of money, power and resources at global, national and local levels. A few examples of social determinants of health that most likely effect your population include:
- Availability of resources to meet daily needs, such as a home in a safe neighborhood with access to local markets with healthy food options.
- Quality education and job training.
- Access to quality medical care.
- Transportation options.
- Language/ Literacy.
- Access to mass media and technology.
A company can’t control factors such as where their employees are born, what markets are close to home or complexities of commutes, but there are efforts that can be made to intervene by offering guidance to employees and their families to navigate hurdles of circumstances. A few ideas include:
- Office fruit & vegetable delivery programs.
- Flexible hours to alleviate heavy commutes by traveling outside rush hour times.
- Integrating wellness programs with people development and training.
- Providing partnerships and directories of relevant community resources.
- Offering low literacy communications that help shape a positive mindset as well as simple advice and guidance to overcome everyday hurdles that can be obstacles to healthy living.
A well planned-out monthly communication such as a simple wellbeing newsletter with easy-to-read article of interest, branded and customized can serve as an equalizer. This type of media outreach is essential to changing thought patterns and positive thinking.
Partner with Inspired Perspectives (IP) to plan your wellness information and motivational delivery system through 2019 with our simple customization schedule. IP offers a dynamic wellness communication called the Healthy Perspectives Digest. Collaboration is key! Include your corporate culture and organizational values with selective content delivering well-being guidance and encouragement.
Download the free article below for use with your population. Taken from the Nourishing You section of the December 2018 standard issue of Healthy Perspectives Digest, Your Appetite for Change” addresses everyday circumstances that can lead to roadblocks with suggested alternative perspectives and actions for people to make more positive choices. Learn more about our customizable newsletter, Health Perspectives Digest, by clicking here.”
Please follow and like us: