- About Us
- Programs & Services
- Who We Help
As we all know, the holidays come with a lot of celebrating and sweet treats. Luckily, there are some easy ways to make cakes, cookies, and pastries a bit healthier.
Here are some simple changes you can make to your recipes to ensure they are just a bit healthier:
- If a recipe calls for 7 eggs, use 2 eggs and swap out the other 5 with a cholesterol-free egg product substitute to cut cholesterol.
- Use bittersweet chocolate (less than if a recipe calls for of unsweetened chocolate) to cut down calories without losing flavor.
- Cut cakes and brownies into smaller portions
- Mash ripe bananas as a fat substitute in carrot cake, banana cake or muffins.
- Use less oil – cut 1/3 of a cup to ¼
- Add fruit purees to your cakes and muffins for added nutrition
Of course, the aforementioned substitutes don’t make sweet treats the healthiest part of a celebration, but it does allow you to enjoy them without breaking your wellness routine. As always, the best thing to do is enjoy everything in moderation. So, CELEBRATE away!
Please follow and like us: